New York, NY, USLocation:
Thu, Oct 11 ’18Posted on:
wHY NY seeks Project Architect/Designer
Based in Los Angeles and New York, wHY was founded by Kulapat Yantrasast in 2004 and has established itself in the international design vanguard for widely-acclaimed projects that serve the arts, communities, and the environment. The 20+ person practice is structured as four workshops focusing on ideas, buildings, grounds and objects—allowing us to approach projects from multiple angles to develop holistic, experience-driven solutions that are also provocative and unique. We continue to build “Ecology of Disciplines”— and expand our network of diverse thinkers both within and beyond the studio. We believe everyone has the potential to bring a unique perspective multiplying the possibilities of a collaborative work environment.
We are looking for Project Architects and Designers who have strong design skills and technical experience. Specifically, the New York office is working on two reputable museum exhibition design projects in NY, a ground-up museum in Asia, private houses and numerous other competitions/special projects.
Required Skills and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (B-Arch) or Master’s of Architecture (M-Arch)
- 7+ years’ work experience in an architecture firm
- Strong design and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the DD/CD Phases of projects, developing the design through detailing and documentation. Basic understanding of codes, constructability and industry standards pertaining to museums and exhibition design
- Experience in coordinating team of consultants
- Experience in guiding a small team through the documentation phases on institutional projects
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative-Suite, AutoCAD, Rhino & Vray
- Working knowledge of Revit through project implementation
- Experience working in a design intensive, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments; strong communication & organizational skills
Additional Skills/Credentials that will be considered a plus
- Licensed in NY
- Demonstrated knowledge and strong references in art exhibit and casework design
- Demonstrated research and writing experience
- Project Management skills, managing fee, billing, personnel and WBS.
The position is salaried, commensurate with experience. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. wHY is a participant in the E-verify program.
How to Apply: Please email as one PDF a cover letter, resume and selected work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject heading: position_your name). File should be no larger than 6MB.