The Patty Jenkins-directed film is nominated for the Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures, a prize often leading to a nod at the Academy Awards.
"Wonder Woman" may have just taken a big step toward an Oscar nod after scoring a movie nomination at the 29th annual Producers Guild of America Awards. The Patty Jenkins-directed DC superhero film is vying for the Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures, the guild announced on Friday, January 5.
Starring Gal Gadot as the titular superheroine, the film will compete against the likes of "The Big Sick", "Get Out", "I, Tonya", "Lady Bird", "Molly's Game", "The Post", "The Shape of Water" and "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri".
The guild's Best Picture category is usually the best indicator of what will end up becoming an Oscar nominee in a few weeks time. Last year, nine out of their ten nominees made the cut for Best Picture, with "Deadpool" being the one missing out.
Back to the PGA Awards nominees in movie field, "The Boss Baby", "Coco", "Despicable Me 3", "Ferdinand" and "The Lego Batman Movie" are up for the Award for Outstanding Producer of Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures. "Chasing Coral, "City of Ghosts", "Cries from Syria", "Earth: One Amazing Day", "Jane", "Joshua: Teenager vs. Superpower" and "The Newspaperman: The Life and Times of Ben Bradlee" are up for the Award for Outstanding Producer of Documentary Theatrical Motion Pictures.
Meanwhile, on the TV field, the contenders for the Norman Felton Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Drama include "Big Little Lies", "The Crown", "Game of Thrones", "The Handmaid's Tale" and "Stranger Things". On the best comedy series category are "Curb Your Enthusiasm", "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel", "Master of None", "Silicon Valley" and "Veep". On the Long-Form category, the contenders are "Black Mirror", "Fargo", "Feud: Bette and Joan", "Sherlock: The Lying Detective" and "The Wizard of Lies".
The 2018 PGA Awards will be held on January 20 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles. Here are the complete list of the nominees for the annual event co-chaired by Donald De Line and Amy Pascal.
The Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures:
- "The Big Sick" – Producers: Judd Apatow, Barry Mendel
- "Call Me by Your Name" – Producers: Peter Spears, Luca Guadagnino, Emilie Georges, Marco Morabito
- "Dunkirk" – Producers: Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan
- "Get Out" – Producers: Sean McKittrick & Edward H. Hamm, Jr., Jason Blum, Jordan Peele
- "I, Tonya" – Producers: Bryan Unkeless, Steven Rogers, Margot Robbie, Tom Ackerley
- "Lady Bird" – Producers: Scott Rudin, Eli Bush, Evelyn O'Neill
- "Molly's Game" – Producers: Mark Gordon, Amy Pascal, Matt Jackson
- "The Post" – Producers: Amy Pascal, Steven Spielberg, Kristie Macosko Krieger
- "The Shape of Water" – Producers: Guillermo del Toro, J. Miles Dale
- "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" – Producers: Graham Broadbent & Pete Czernin, Martin McDonagh
- "Wonder Woman" – Producers: Charles Roven & Richard Suckle, Zack Snyder & Deborah Snyder
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures:
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Documentary Theatrical Motion Pictures:
The Norman Felton Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Drama:
The Danny Thomas Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Comedy:
The David L. Wolper Award for Outstanding Producer of Long-Form Television:
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Non-Fiction Television:
- "30 for 30" (Season 8)
- "60 Minutes" (Season 50)
- "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath" (Season 1)
- "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown" (Season 9, Season 10)
- "Spielberg" (Season 1, Season 2)
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Live Entertainment & Talk Television:
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Competition Television:
The Award for Outstanding Short-Form Program:
- "Better Call Saul's Los Pollos Hermanos Employee Training" (Season 1)
- "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" (Season 1)
- "Humans of New York: The Series" (Season 1)
- "National Endowment for the Arts: United States of Arts" (Season 3)
- "Viceland at the Women's March" (Season 12, Season 1)
The Award for Outstanding Sports Program:
- "All or Nothing: A Season with the Los Angeles Rams" (Season 2)
- "Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers" (Season 12)
- "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" (Season 23)
- "SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt" (Season 3)
- "VICE World of Sports" (Season 2)
The Award for Outstanding Children's Program:
Let's Post Your Story on Open Magazine! https://news.artmotion.com/packs/